Histoire et civilisation
DEC-BAC pathway with UdeS
If you’re enrolled in the DEC en Histoire et civilisation at Cégep de Sherbrooke, you can have up to 3 courses (9 credits) credited toward the Baccalauréat en histoire at UdeS:
- 2 out of the 7 courses in the Formation de base group in the first year of the bachelor’s degree in history (one per semester);
- 1 course in the Culture historique générale group, provided that you passed the inter-level history summer school (currently under development).
- Faster access to certain general-culture courses (without prerequisites) and to analytical courses, which generally require the completion of 24 university credits in history
- No special conditions (or passing criteria) other than earning a DEC en histoire et civilisation, and the admission conditions of the bachelor’s degree in history
- NB the pathway does not shorten the bachelor’s degree
Agreements between programs may be revoked or changed without notice. Some additional conditions may apply to the recognition of credits. Further prerequisites may sometimes be required of students from certain DEC programs. For more information, contact the coordinators of the programs involved in the agreements.