- 18 equivalency credits granted for training and experience acquired in the DEC
- One-year reduction of study length to obtain the bachelor’s degree
- Entry to the profession of nurse clinician
- Choice of concentration in the bachelor’s degree among the following: critical care, community health or adaptation-rehabilitation
- Holding a DEC in soins infirmiers
- Being on the roll of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ)
Agreement with the CIUSS de l’Estrie-CHUS
Interested in starting out your career in a hospital setting while still a student? Thanks to an agreement with the CIUSS de l’Estrie-CHUS, nursing students at Cégep de Sherbrooke can obtain the position of Beneficiary Attendant upon completing their first year of the DEC.
- Opportunity to transfer your learning to your workplace
- Work guarantees that help with work-study balance
- Attractive salary
- Possibility of accumulating seniority immediately from hiring
Agreements between programs may be revoked or changed without notice. Some additional conditions may apply to the recognition of credits. Further prerequisites may sometimes be required of students from certain DEC programs. For more information, contact the coordinators of the programs involved in the agreements.