Pathway with UdeS
The Faculty of Law at Université de Sherbrooke offers a DEC-BAC pathway from the DEC en Techniques juridiques (Collégial du Séminaire de Sherbrooke) to the Baccalauréat en droit at UdeS.
This pathway was enhanced in 2019 following a review of the two programs. The new agreement offers recognition of 10 credit equivalencies. However, it does not shorten the length of the course of studies.
Interested graduates of the DEC at the Collégial du Séminaire de Sherbrooke may have the following credits recognized:
- DRT 131 Recherche documentaire (1 cr.)
- DRT 103 Procédure civile I (3 cr.)
- DRT 234 Communication juridique II - Rédaction d’actes (3 cr.)
- DRT 323 Activité clinique (3 cr.)
- The course DRT 234 falls under the Communication juridique II group of 8 courses. Students applying for this equivalency may not enrol in other courses in the same group (e.g., procès simulé en civil/criminel ou en appel, négociation commerciale, médiation, etc.).
- This agreement was entered into with the Collégial du Séminaire de Sherbrooke. Students from Techniques juridiques programs at other CEGEPs may benefit from the same equivalencies, with the exception of the course DRT 103 Procédure civile.
Agreements between programs may be revoked or changed without notice. Some additional conditions may apply to the recognition of credits. Further prerequisites may sometimes be required of students from certain DEC programs. For more information, contact the coordinators of the programs involved in the agreements.